First and foremost, congratulations to everyone who made it to the officer team for the 2016-2017 term! We enjoyed all candidates' speeches, interviews, and applications, but we felt that these particular members stood out the most. Please congratulate them if you pass by them in the halls! We are proud to welcome:
Presidents: Faith Nguyen and Allison Kim
Vice President: Caitlin Nguyen
Secretaries: Tiffany Bui and Rachel Zhu
Treasurer: Christopher Hung
Editor: Michelle Yang
Historian: Jenna Petracci
General Managers: Avantika Bhaduri and Audrey Zhao
Webmaster: Rosa Lee
Public Relations: Alli Gerhardt
We will be announcing the new officers again at the general meeting tomorrow, March 10, along with some updates:
- Thank you to everyone who came out to help at the garage sale and/or donated items! We raised a total of $225.61 !!! All of the money will be directed back to y'all, specifically for DCON. We couldn't have done this without y'all! :')
- Our second car wash at Kroger's will be this Saturday, March 12 from 10AM-2PM. All funds will go towards DCON as well. Bringing supplies such as old towels/rags (highly recommended) and soap can earn you extra and easy hours!
- We will also be attending a DCM on March 12, so you can choose your pick! It'll be at Lone Star College by Clay Road at 1:30PM, and will be hosted by your very own Treasurer and newly elect LTG, Christina Lee! If you've never been to a DCM before, I highly recommend going to one at least once. It is a divisional council meeting where you get to meet Key Clubbers all over our district, which is mainly Katy and Cy Ranch. Also, we'll be supporting her in the sidelines for her first hosted DCM ever, so come join us cheer her on!
- The Tips for Chips drive is finally coming to an end :( . All donations must be turned in by this Friday, March 11 to room 2203. We will not be accepting any donations afterwards!
- For those who plan on attending DCON, the last payment of $130 and the Medical Release Form are both due on Friday, March 11 as well, to room 2203 or any officer. After submitting in your payment, all you have to do is wait! :D If you would like to go ahead and choose where you want to room (and with who) at the hotel, click this link here and sign up! Feel free to talk to your friends about it before making your decision.
Thanks for reading this super long post and I'll seeeeeeeeeeeeee y'all tomorrow!
Yours in Service,